Delta Opposes Violence Everywhere (DOVE)
DOVE works to prevent relationship violence through education, public awareness and coordinating efforts to reduce gaps in services that may exist. Information, support and resources are provided at various public events scheduled around Delta.
DOVE in Delta Events for 2017
World elder abuse awareness day
The United Nations has designated June 15 as World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. In Delta, DOVE (Delta Opposes Violence Everywhere) is a co-coordinated committee which believes in eliminating violence in all relationships hosts awareness booths in Temples, churches, and Seniors’ centres on this day each year. This year too DOVE members will be present on different locations:
- Kennedy Senior Center –North Delta- 9:30-11:30
- McKee Senior Center – Ladner -9:30-11:30
- Scott Road Temple –North Delta-11.30-1.30
Please come visit us.
The documents below review some of the many aspects relationship violence takes on and are used at those events.
Before downloading any publications, consider that your computer’s browser will leave a record of them on this computer. You may want to use a COMPUTER AT ANOTHER LOCATION if you are worried about others knowing you visited this site.
The publications below are all in PDF format.
What is Domestic Violence?
Male Victims of Intimate Partner Violence
The Impact of Domestic Violence at Work
Helping Staff Deal with Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence – Employers Guide
Recognize the Signs of Domestic Violence Card
The Legal Obligations Employers Have Regarding Domestic Violence
A Domestic Violence Policy Guide
Taking a Stand Against Bullying
Take a Stand Against Dating Violence
Safety from Violence for Women (English)
Safety from Violence for Women (Punjabi)
Safety from Violence for Seniors
Safety from Violence for Youth
DOVE Youth Pamphlet
Teen Resource Pamphlet
Pro Bono Legal Clinics offered through Bowman’s Law Centre are being held at Deltassist. These clinics offer legal advice in the areas of:
- family law/divorce
- elder law
- civil litigation
- landlord/tenant disputes
- criminal defense
- bylaw issues
45 minute intake appointments are available to members of the public who are referred through agencies connected to DOVE.
Clinics will be held the third Wednesday of each month, for more information contact our North Delta office.
DOVE initiatives against violence include:
- Development and translation of resource cards for women, youth and seniors.
- Annual participation in World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
- Annual participation in Anti-Bullying Day
- Displays and presentations in schools.
- Presentations in local temples.
- Displays in local libraries, community and recreations centers.
- Liaising and networking with other local resources and professionals in the field to ensure that there is public awareness about the impact of violence and where people can go to get the help they need.
Supporters and Members of DOVE
The members of the DOVE initiative thank the following for their generous donations and help with Delta Opposes Violence Everywhere.
- Deltassist Family and Community Services
- Delta Police Victim Services
- Delta Police Domestic Violence Unit
- Stroh Health Care
- Diversecity Community Resources Society
- Family Justice Services
- Crown Counsel
- Options Community Services
- Legal Services Society
- Delta/Surrey Community Corrections
- Delta Mental Health
- Knitting Sisters
- BC Problem Gambling Services
- Bowman Law Centre
- Boys and Girls Club
- Surrey/Delta Corrections
- South Delta Baptist Church
- Boston Pizza Foundation
- Boundary Bay Quilters Guild
- Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
- Delta Aggregates
- Shoppers Drug Mart – Tsawwassen
- Vancity Credit Union
- The Body Shop – White Rock
- Your Dollar Store and More – Tsawwassen
- Fabricana Imports Ltd. – Richmond
- Interior Delights
- Punjab Cloth House
- UPS Store – Yaletown
- Sears – Richmond
- Staples – Delta
- Kapda Mandi
- Community Quilters
- London Drugs
Delta Opposes Violence Everywhere can be contacted by email.
Delta Opposes Violence Everywhere can be contacted at Deltassist contacted by email.